the smartest people in the world

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Camera Critters 60, Evie is growing up

April 10, two days old. First time out and staying very close to mommy.

May 12, growing up fast.

And when you are part of the Brinkbeest-household, you get to meet all sorts of critters.

Meeting Holle, one of our labradors, for the first time.

No, this is not one of the other labradors. This is Nufnuf, one of our pigs.

Our other horse Willem, having a little talk with Tumtum, our other pig. Willem used to be REALLY scared of the pigs. He wouldn't even come near us if we had just touched a pig. The smell made him tremble. But Tumtum is a patient and very friendly pig who likes horses. So now Willem is pigproof.

Camera Critters is a fun meme, hosted by Misty Dawn. Check out the other entries here!

11 comments:

  1. You can really see how much she's grown! And she looks absolutely gorgeous, as do your other animals. And I love the names of your pigs. Somehow they remind me of sweets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. spectacular again thank you sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mara,
    Tumtummetjes! Yummy. And that reminds me of ulevelletjes. Do you remember them? Van die platte snoepjes in een paars, roze, wit wikkeltje.

    Sandy Kessler,
    thank yóu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures as always.
    I am always so fond of your pigs!!
    LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "... so now Willem is pigproof"

    LOL! Not many people can say that about their horses!

    Yours must be the most socialised horses around. If only everyone would take the same trouble with their horses - and dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. T,
    the pigs are such sweeties, we love them too.

    Jay,
    I'm told that all horses truly dislike pigs. It's really sweet to see them 'talk' to each other. First time Willem saw the pigs he was upset for a week. I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nufnuf and Tumtum!!! I want pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Tumtum the friendly pig! How cute is THAT? Sounds like a childrens story book. Adventures of Tumtum the friendly pig! (and friends of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam,
    but you'll have to promise not to eat them ;-) You must have a delicious recipe for roasted pig somewhere.

    Jewels,
    hehe, it does sound like a children's book. He doesn't have that many adventures though. He sleeps and eats. And that's about it. Apart from the occasional conversation with the horses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice little fowl. and the pig...... but I know they are so friendly, anyway those I've met.
    seems to be a good place for animals to live on :-)
    Thanks for sharing and for comments on my blogg. Like this blogging getting to see the world a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by our blog! We are so jealous of all the animal friends that live with you!

    Wags,
    Pruett and Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. I will often answer your comment here too. So please click on the email link. Sometimes the most interesting part of a post are the comments ;-)