the smartest people in the world

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ABC Wednesday - S is for........lotS of thingS

First things first. I would like to thank you all for your kind wishes and SYMPATHY concerning my colourful bruises. And most of all I would like to thank you for your SHOCKED reactions. For some weird reason your SHOCKEDNESS (that is probably not a real word) made me feel much better. Why is that? The legs are doing good! I'm walking in a reasonably normal way again. In the beginning of the week I couldn't even get in or out of the car without moaning and groaning. So....Elvis and the healing vibes some of you are sending me are doing a good job. I'm very grateful!!!!!!!!!!! And....have you met SIMON'S CAT? I know some of you can't get YouTube, So I'm Sorry that I'm posting another YouTube one, but the rest of you, especially if you like cats, will hopefully enjoy these little cartoons. We have our own SIMON'S CAT. She's called Bengeltje. She's SILLY and the reason why we don't keep a baseball bat under our bed. Bengeltje prefers tweezers to wake you up with anyway ;-)

SEE?

ABC Wednesday is hosted by Mrs. Nesbitt, over here. Please visit her for more ABC entries or to join in the fun.

20 comments:

  1. I know it well as a you tube fanatic. Always ready for a new word so I will use shockedness at least once this week, probably when I see how much a round of drinks is on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babooshka,
    hehe, I hope the drinks will have fuzzied (is that another one?) your vision enough to save you from huge shockedness. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Simon's Cat - we've had one of our own! Your Bengeltje looks a true character.

    I've been reading back a little bit (I know - I've not been here for ages) Your poor legs!!! I once had a cow fall on the side of my knee, and it hurt such a lot, but those bruises of yours, though they must be very painful, could have been so much worse. I'm glad nothing was broken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, your cat's expression has a decidedly evil air in that photo, guess that explains the tweezers? Not too sure how she manipulated them, though- Are your eyebrows plucked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dragonstar,
    OUCH, that sounds very painful. I'm glad my muscles took the blow and not my knees. I wouldn't have been walking then I think ;-)

    Jinksy,
    Now I have visions of Bengeltje plucking my eyebrows when I'm asleep. Hmmm. Don't know if that makes me happy or scared ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny and rather creepy. I think this must be the cat that ives next door to us. He prefers our garden to his own. Don't want him plucking my eyebrows...no, no, no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cartoons are just so true to life, but nothing as beautiful as your moglette, Caro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Bengeltje sticking her tongue out at you? ;)

    I LOVE Simon's Cat...and youtube...and you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simon's cat makes me laugh so much! It's so typically cat, isn't it? LOL!

    Glad your legs are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom person love Simon's cat. He is very much like our Chloe, who is very naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photowannabe,
    your nextdoor cat must know you love him if he prefers your garden ;-) Our Bengeltje just does her scary look in this photo. She's actually very sweet and doesn't even pluck a bird.

    Important Woman,
    hehe, Bengeltje says to thank your for the compliment. And that she is not sticking her tongue out to you!

    Mel,
    lovely, non? Perhaps this is her way of telling me that she doesn't agree with the new 'Aaarrrgghhh, not on my lap!' policy ;-)
    Lots of love to you too, sweet Mel.

    Jay,
    there is also a Simon's sister's dog cartoon for the RSPCA. Have you seen that? It's a great one too. Isn't it clever that he captures the catness of the cat with just a few lines?

    Oskar,
    Have you seen the Simon's sister's dog cartoon Oskar? You'll like that one. No cats in it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had never seen these cartoons, thanks for the morning laugh! Glad your legs are on the mend - I still can't believe you escaped without a break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy, I am just catching up. Seems like that is what I do most days, playing catch up, eventually I will get back into a routine.

    I love the Simon cartoons, those are great. Your Bengeltje is always adorable, what a face!!:)

    OMG, your legs, you poor thing, thank goodness you are ok, and that is all that happened, but that looks painful.

    Naloma and Evie, Oh Evie is just beautiful!!!

    PS. I am much better health wise. Thank you. We are having a tough time after losing Jake. It has been hard getting back to my blog, I cry a lot, but we are trying to move on, We have lots of other furbabies that need us.

    Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can so relate to Simon's cat! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of the reasons that I love cats so much is that they are so expressive. Dogs can look happy and content, as can cats, but no dog can get that look of complete contempt that a cat can. Always cracks me up when Willow gives me one of her "looks" when it is raining or when I try to brush her. I suspect Bengeltje has a few of her own looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen these before, but I watch them every chance I get. They, so perfectly, sum up life with a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Life With Dogs,
    I love these cartoons too. He also has one of his sister's dog. Also a great one. I just wanted to prove that women are the real strong gender!

    T,
    good to hear that your health is better. I feel for you and your husband. I know how sad it is to loose a pet. Big hug to you all!


    Lady Banana,
    clever how he can capture the cat in just a couple of lines isn't it?

    Mara,
    yep, makes me laugh every time!

    Don't Bug Me,
    would you believe that Bengeltje is 18 years young? She's a great little character. Very sweet. I always wonder why some people think that cats and dogs have no soul and can't think. Huh? Bengeltje is clearly thinking: 'naanananaaana' ;-)

    Pam,
    hmm, he captures the essence of cat in a cartoon in a way we can never capture in a photo. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The one where the cat is waking up the guy is so our Bubbie...I love these videos. I laugh till I cry almost any time I watch them. And I tell everyone about them, and those that I show them to always love them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Simon's cat videos:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm. Have to watch Simon's cat at home later.

    Why does your cat wake you up with tweezers? Pointy, OW! Thank Elvis my cats can't reach the tweezers... I'd be dead by now. Or blind, or both!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. I will often answer your comment here too. So please click on the email link. Sometimes the most interesting part of a post are the comments ;-)