the smartest people in the world

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sunday Selections

I thought it was time (at least for us in the Northern hemisphere) to have a taste of Summer. Just to wet our appetites. So, this week my Sunday Selections post (hosted by Kim from Frogpondsrock) consists of photos that aren’t my best flower shots, so they don’t deserve a place at my photo blog, but they were good enough to survive the elimination round. Which left them hanging around in a folder on my computer, doing nothing. Up to now that is.

And just for Kim I’ve kept a purple theme Knipogende emoticon

IMG_0969

       IMG_0984

IMG_0973

IMG_0979       IMG_0981

IMG_0988

IMG_4613

SSL10203

IMG_0980

I know, not the most exciting post of the year.

13 comments:

  1. I do like purple :), there are flowers there I recognise and others that are unfamiliar. what are the flowers in the top right hand photo? and the large photo with the leaf and thorns like a rose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, flowers from left to right, top to bottom:

    Clematis (no idea which one), Nectaroscordum siculum (a bulb, click on the label below the post to see another post about the unfolding of the flowers), Clematis (through a rose), Clematis, Clematis, Geranium, Verbena, Allium and Clematis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SORRY, the Nectaroscordum post seems to have disappeared. It really unfolds in a very interesting way, so i may have to post those photos again. One day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful, Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these...who cares about excitment...wooing comes in small steps of beauty. I am very glad these made it to this "viewing circle" for us. I love your eye.

    I forget that I should make some pics smaller and place them in different areas of the page(I'm gonna go change my post now!) You are inspiration.
    Xo
    Happy day to you~
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaah thanks Carolina, the Clematis that is most common here has a white flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing flowers and your theme of purple is lovely. Lucky you heading towards summer but I guess I can't complain with the magic autumn day it is here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see colour. (We're immersed again in white. Come on spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Wish you a great spring

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A PrePonderance of Purple Petals Portends the Presence of a Perspicuous, Perspicacious Person's Personal Promise of a PalPably Palatable PrintemPs.

    Of course, what I just said is Pure PoPPycock, but I felt comPelled to Put it on PaPer (or, more ProPerly, into Pixels).

    You will not believe this, but the verification word is Perhouti....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who needs exciting when one can have flowers? Love the clematis... and the other ones with which I'm not so familiar. Thanks for adding a comment to include the flower names.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darn it! I KNEW there was something else I wanted to do on Sunday!! I even got up to get my memory stick at one point and then forgot it again!

    Anyway, your clematis pics are gorgeous. They make me pine for spring and summer. I don't have any of the large showy (and more delicate) clematis, but I have two of the montanas and one scrambles right up into the topmost branches of our old pear tree, along with tendrils of wisteria. Looks a treat!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. I will often answer your comment here too. So please click on the email link. Sometimes the most interesting part of a post are the comments ;-)