PEEEEEEEEEEP
‘Huh?’
- silence -
‘hmm’
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
‘What the…. ?’
The alarm clock says it’s 05.00 o’clock. But it tells me that in silence. It doesn’t
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
peep like that. I look at hubs who’s sound asleep next to me. ‘It’s not fair that I’m woken up by this loud noise and he just sleeps through it.’ I step out of bed and decide to check out where the
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
peep comes from. I put on my bathrobe and go downstairs. The dogs think it must be time for breakfast already and jump off the couch to accompany me to the kitchen. I don’t want to go to the kitchen.
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
‘Maybe the telephone hasn’t been put back in it’s docking station properly and shouts out for help.’ I struggle past three very happy Labradors, who definitely want me to go to the kitchen and I’m going the wrong way, and pick up the telephone.
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
’Nope. It’s definitely not the phone that screams at me.’ I look around for something else that can produce this extremely loud and high pitched sound.
’I need to pee.’
PEEEEEEEEEEEP
’What the %*@@# makes that sound?’
I go upstairs and wake up hubs to make life fair.
”Don’t you hear that
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
loud peep?” I definitely need to pee now.
“I need to go to the toilet. You try to find out where that sound comes from please. It’s not the…
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
telephone. Perhaps the alarm?”
Hubs steps out of bed to go on his
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
hunt for the peep.
When I return from the toilet, hubs is busy opening up the carbon monoxide alarm device that has been yelling at us that it’s battery is empty. Stupid thing. Can’t it do that at a more sophisticated time?
Three disappointed dogs shuffle back to their beds the couch and fall asleep again as soon as their heads hit the pillows. Hubs and I return to bed and he falls asleep immediately too, while I lie awake for the rest of that night.
A couple of days later hubs dares to tell people that he is a very light sleeper. Uhuh. Am I not the one who had to wake him up when the horses were on an unplanned nightly outing? When the police were wandering around our house in the middle of the night?. All those times the alarm sounded, to go on the hunt for burglars? (I will tell you about those exciting nights later maybe.)
Light sleeper. My… ears!
LOL! Our alarms PEEEEEPPP all over the house - once you know what it is you can ignore it and go back to sleep - well, some people can! Isn't it strange that dogs will always think it's time for breakfast no matter what time of night you have to get up?
ReplyDelete"Dogs don’t trouble themselves with minutes or hours. Time is either 'NOW' or 'RIGHT NOW!'
ReplyDelete~ Arthur Yorinks
The same occurred here several months ago... except for the dogs... only I don't claim to be a light sleeper.
I remember the first time that happened to me! And even taking the battery out didn't work, it still peeped all day long...
ReplyDeleteJabblog,
ReplyDeleteI thought only Labradors think it's time to eat. Whatever time it is ;-)
IT,
Arthur is right. I tend to live like that too. Perhaps I spend too much time witht he dogs ;-)
Mara,
So... either it really detected carbon monoxide (dangerous) or the PEEEEEEEEEP just rang around in your head for the rest of the day.
Hubs removed the battery and it went nice and silent.
How funny! My cats are the same way, if I come down stairs, it's time for breakfast. One night around 2 I had trouble sleeping so I came downstairs for some milk, they all dashed to the kitchen, ready for breakfast!
ReplyDeleteI guessed it was a smoke detector low-battery alarm. Carbon monoxide is close. We had one of the former drive us absolutely batty. Can you tell?
ReplyDeletePam,
ReplyDeletethey live in hope, just like our dogs ;-)
RWP,
Yep, it's fairly obvious. Didn't know a smoke detector was the reason ;-)
They do go off at the oddest hours. I hate that but can ignore them better then the hubby.
ReplyDeleteAh annoying. We once had a police helicpoter scouring the block and the only people who rose from their beds was me and my brother next door. Not one of three dogs or seven people woke up!
ReplyDeleteGarnetrose,
ReplyDeleteI like that you just can ignore alarm devices LOL
Were they not put up for a reason?
Baino,
Living in your neck of the woods, the neighbours and the dogs are used to it perhaps? LOL
Oh, yes - been there, done that, got the t-shirt! Infuriating, or what? I could'nt manage to get the battery out when I finally traced the noise, so ended up burying the whole gadget at the bottom of a drawer full of bed linen, to stifle the noise until the morning, when I could find the necessary screwdriver to dismantle the perishing thing. What joy...
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA! Light sleeper? Yeah, right! LOL!
ReplyDeleteIt's our tumble-drier that makes that hideous, plaintive 'pee-ee-eep!', and then it stops just long enough for you to go somewhere else and does it again!
That sounds like my hubs. A light sleeper he is NOT! Takes a bomb to wake him and sometimes even that won't work.
ReplyDeleteCarbon monoxide alarm, I didn't know there was such a thing. Guess that tells how often I get off the farm to go investigate new things.
i am over from ryhmes wit, and i guessed it was a intruder with a lisp, and he had those peeeeeeeps coming from him>>>i can squeak with my lips tightly together making a sqeeeeeeeeking sound:::::can you do that??????
ReplyDeleteJinksy,
ReplyDeleteLOL, still, we'll be forever grateful if the alarm warns us when needed ;-)
Jay,
I find myself shouting at the tumble dryer: SHUT UP! and YES YES, I'LL BE WITH YOU IN A MINUTE! things like that. Men in white suits will soon be here ;-)
Rising Rainbow,
You need to get out more ;-)
Putz,
That is a very special talent. I can't do that. You could be in .....'s Got Talent (fill in your country on the dots) and lead a life of fortune and fame ;-)
Hi Carolina!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Monique and I got tagged by Mara.... I answered her questions, and now I have to tag 5 other bloggers.... Guess what? You're tagged!
go to www.crommies.blogspot.com/2010/06/tag-youre-it.html
And please answer the questoions that I made up.
Monique
I really thought you had a bird in the house! And I would have given the bird to that detector myself...
ReplyDeleteI absolutely HATE CO2 alarms and smoke alarms and all other things that make noise at you when their batteries are dead. If they can make that noise at you, then do they really need the batteries? Hate them!
ReplyDeleteBe thankful that you have a carbon monoxide detector, before Chris & I were married we were almost killed by a new furnace that was not hooked up correctly!
ReplyDelete