the smartest people in the world

Thursday, June 03, 2010

THE MOST BESTEST FANTASTICEST PRESENT ÉVER

Tomorrow is my birthday. IMG_4018Hubs bought me a big bunch of beautiful Paeonies, which he does every year. I love Paeonies. You will have noticed there are 25. And yes, you’re right, that is not my actual age. And it will not be my age tomorrow either. It is actually far closer to my mental age than to my physical one. But the girl at the flowershop was happy enough to believe that I am 25. Her hands would not be big enough to hold my actual age in Paeony-years. I had to put the gorgeous Paeonies in a bucket. We don’t have a vase big enough. A bouquet in a bucket. “The lady of the house speaking.IMG_4026” (If you don’t get that, you have never seen ‘Keeping up appearances’.)

That was present no. 1. Or actually present no. 2, because a couple of days ago he gave me present no. 1. A DVD with tips and tricks about using the Canon EOS 40D (my camera). Also a great present, but not the ‘most bestest fantasticest present éver’. You will notice that I have not yet watched the entire DVD. The photos on this blog will hopefully improve noticeably when I have.

And yesterday we went to collect present no. 3 from the shop. That wasn’t a very big surprise, because they have been made to fit, but nevertheless I’m extremely happy with them: IMG_4043

My old riding boots are about 24 years old. (Gosh, they must have been made for me when I was only 1.) And I love them, but their age begins to show a bit. These very chic ones will have to last me another 24 years. Aren’t they gorgeous? They feel like plaster casts when wearing them, so I won’t be able to ride with them for the foreseeable future. Have to ‘wear them down’ or ‘break them in’ first. Had to do that with the old ones too. It takes some time for them to feel comfortable, but they make me look like I’m a very accomplished horse-rider. It’s the look that counts ;-)

But now … drum roll… the ‘MOST BESTEST FANTASTICEST PRESENT ÉVER’. You fellow-bloggers would love this present too. Well, not this present, unless you are my biggest fan, but a present like this. I’m sure of it. Hubs has been busy for mónths. He started preparing mid-December last year and finished his work around Easter. (I’ll ask him if he wants to tell you what he had to do to make this happen. It will help him through his trauma if he writes about it I think. LOL) He then gave it to a friend of ours who has a couple of unusual hobbies. One of them is breeding ducks and geese (I’ve posted photos of them a couple of weeks ago). His other unusual hobby is bookbinding.

Look! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I actually cried. I did! Isn’t this the MBFPE?

IMG_4028 IMG_4040 Hubs actually printed out all of my blogposts from 2009. With photos and all of your comments. Jinksy was my first fan/follower/commenter and I will be forever grateful to her. She may recognize these pages of Part 1. It’s my first ever post in English about how to hang a chandelier. I’ve just read it back (in actual print now, teehee) and it’s rather funny. If I say so myself. You can find it here if you want a giggle.

I’M SO HAPPY (and so is hubs)

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely, thoughtful husband you have! With all that preparation you should have a wonderful birthday. Even if it isn't your 25th ;)
    I love paeonies too. We used to grow them in our small back garden when I was a child. For me, paeonies must always be that gorgeous red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention chandeliers - I was looking at pictures of them today, since I need one for my new house. A nice big sparkly one. Unfortunately, I can't see the photo of yours very well, but I suspect that it is lovely - just like that present your wonderful husband got for you. Mine doesn't even read my blog :o( He does have other redeeming qualities though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hyacinth, that's so lovely! I've been thinking about doing it as well, but having it gifted to you is of course a gazillion times better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First things first... the boots are gorgeous. I don't envy all the stomping around you'll have to do to make the leather supple.

    Secondly - the peonies are stunning. I love peonies. And I love the fact that puppy is perched on the back of the couch like a cat. I giggled.

    Thirdly - OMG. Now that I know my comments are going to be actually printed I'm nervous. I mean... did I say anything that was maybe not-so-sophisticated? And by that I mean err... less-than-lady-like? That really is the coolest present ever. Hubby really did great. Give him a kiss for me. Not one of those slobbery ones either. A nice lady-like one. In-fact, lets keep it to his cheek.

    I'm SOOO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dragonstar,
    I've never had paeonies in the garden. I understand they are quite difficult to grow. But they are gorgeous. And always around when I have my birthday ;-)

    Don't Bug Me,
    I have posted a photo of the chandelier in my second post of 2009 I believe. We've been searching for one for ages. Not that we are very particular (ahum). Good luck with finding your one ;-)

    Mara,
    LOL
    You have to come to one of my candlelight suppers ;-) It's great to have your blog ánd the comments on paper too.

    Jewels,
    Your comments are always great fun (and reasonably ladylike, but then again I'm no lady, so not the best judge). Our dogs and cats live in a permanent identity crisis. Cats think they're dogs and vice versa. Very confusing.
    For all of us.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so magnificently, superbly, thoughtfully cool! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all pretty darned good gifts, aren't they? The riding boots look fantastic - and made to fit, too!! Wow!

    But the blog ... ah, yes, I have to agree. Made with love and highly personal, it has to be the MBFPE!

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hyacinth! Haha. And it's a very shiny bucket bouquet, just beautiful. Yep the book takes the cake how wonderful of the old romantic fool. As for the top boots, I've never owned a pair because they won't fit my calves. Just short Baxter Riders for me. Does this mean they're your new slippers until you wear them in? Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall now be eternally sorry to have missed saying happy birthday on the proper day! I can tell you HAD a great one anyhow; showered with such wonderful gifts, how could it not have been?!
    Late love and best wishes from one of your biggest fans. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing! We hope you had a wonderful anniversay celebration of your 25th birthday!

    We love the idea of the book!

    PS, you won't beleive it but my word verification word is booke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a thoughtful guy putting the rest of us who sometimes forget birthdays to shame. :D

    happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, why is hubs so happy, hmmmmmmm? (I read between the lines and I have my suspicions....)

    But that was a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To all,
    Thanks for the birthday wishes and I'll be letting hubs know you all hold him in high esteem. As do I. Sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carolina dear sweet birthday heart!!!
    Happyiest of years ahead of you, I pray!
    What a fantastic day...full of great and so thoughtful, surprises!!! Your hubs...what a delight, just the best ever things he did!
    I REALLY love your made to fit Riding boots...the color is sweet!...yea, I suggest wearing them around for 15-20 minutes, every day...maybe vacuuming or something...make sure to sit, getting the creases in the leather set right. Maybe surprize hubs sometime...by just wearing them! Oppp..hope that was not too forward!

    I am happy for your delightful day and Happy Birthday Friend...you are special!
    KacyK

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated. I will often answer your comment here too. So please click on the email link. Sometimes the most interesting part of a post are the comments ;-)