Sunday Selections is hosted by the lovely Kim from Frogpondsrock and is the perfect excuse to post those photos that have been hanging around in folders on your desktop for far too long. Hop over to the rocking frog ponds to join in or check out what the rest of ‘us’ posted for their Sunday Selections.
My decorative wasp catcher that has nicely weathered and is never used, because I feel sorry for the wasps…
… and the Geranium macrorrhizum ‘Spessart’ having a party in the dappled shade of the trees in our garden
I haven't seen a wasp catcher before, it looks too nice to be practical. That said, I wish I had one handy, there is a swarm living in our neighbours hedge.
ReplyDeleteA wasp catcher? That thing is so pretty, there is no way it could be used for such mundane purpose as catching wasps. And I'd love to have a garden like yours... Thanks for visiting me at muminsearch.com
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of a wasp catcher!
ReplyDeleteIt is a pretty wasp catcher - much nicer than a jam jar!
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely first photo, truly lovely. Wasps have a place, I am sure they have a job to do.
ReplyDeleteYep I'm bamboozled by a wasp catcher. Then we don't have European wasps here just big Hornetty furry things and I don't think they'd fit in your jar. Pretty tho.
ReplyDeletehmmmm I have a wasp catcher around here somewhere... thanks, I'd forgotten about it! Yours is prettier than mine!
ReplyDeleteYour geranium are beautiful.
Good for you for feeling sorry for the wasps! I knew there was a reason I loved you!
ReplyDelete(Many will read this and think I'm crazy, and maybe you, also. But I've long been a proponent of live and let live when it comes to most bugs and creepy-crawlies.)
I just discovered your blog.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photography and the Netherlands!
My father and his family were born in Holland and I call my grandmother Oma.
Is that a wasp catcher? It looks like a perfum bottle It's beautiful
ReplyDeleteI love the first photo, so unusual.
ReplyDeleteWhat do the Dutch do with the wasps once they are caught?
ReplyDeleteA very good idea, this Sunday Selection. You had some lovely and interesting photos ready and waiting.
ReplyDeleteWasps or not, 'tis a pretty thing, your catcher!
ReplyDeleteWe just got out son a macro lens for his graduation present and he is experimenting with extreme closeups. I love the depth of field and the definition in your image of the wasp catcher. Never knew such a thing existed. We just use a fly swatter or bug spray here.
ReplyDelete